December 11, 2014

My Favorite Music of 2014


I know I haven't been posting much lately, but I still wanted to document my favorite music of the year.  It's always fun to go through my playlist to come up with my list of favorites. My boys are starting to be exposed to more mainstream pop music (gasp!), as well as some of my old-school favorites (we had an awesome dance party to James Brown a few weeks ago), so they only had a few new songs that really got them going on this list. I don't know what that says, but there it is. I was really happy we got to see a few of these performed live this year - Noah Gundersen, Hurray for the Riff Raff, Jack White, First Aid Kit, and Shovels & Rope. And without further adieu...

Noah Gundersen - Ledges
Hurray for the Riff Raff - Small Town Heroes
Wye Oak - Shriek
Nikki Lane - All Or Nothin'

Conor Oberst - Upside Down Mountain
Jack White - Lazaretto
Field Report - Marigolden
First Aid Kit - Stay Gold

The War on Drugs - Lost in the Dream
Ages & Ages - Divisionary
Hozier - Hozier
Trampled by Turtles - Wild Animals

Jenny Lewis - The Voyager
Shovels & Rope - Swimmin' Time
Ryan Adams - Ryan Adams
Delta Spirit - Into the Wide

The Black Keys - Turn Blue
The Apache Relay - Apache Relay
The Orwells - Disgraceland
Real Estate - Atlas

Honorable Mentions:  St. Paul & The Broken Bones, Parquet Courts, Lake Street Dive, Nickel Creek, Beck, St. Vincent, Spoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really love hearing from the people who read this little blog of mine. Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...