May 11, 2010

Books, Morning Sunlight, and Robins Eggs


*I'm so sorry, but I forgot where I got this picture!  I love it, though, especially that they're wearing Red Sox hats!

This week's Three Beautiful Things:

1.  I love the feel of holding a book.  Hardcover books are especially nice.  Thick paper.  The smell of the library.  {Note:  I'm about a quarter of the way through The Poisonwood Bible, and I'm very much enjoying it.  Not sure why I couldn't get into it the first time around.  Happens that way sometimes, I guess.}  I know tons of people love their Kindles, and I'll admit it would be super convenient on trips, but I think I love the feeling of a book in my hands a little too much. 

2.  I love the morning sunlight that shines through our dining room window.  It's a nice big bay window, and the entire room gets flooded with light.  The big boy had to shield his eyes as he walked through the room this morning. 

3.  A robin has built the most perfect round nest in a tree at my son's preschool.  It has four perfect little blue eggs inside.  It is truly remarkable - almost doesn't look real.  I am so nervous for these little eggs, since they are eye level with all the preschoolers.  I will keep my fingers crossed that they can keep their fingers off!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really love hearing from the people who read this little blog of mine. Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...