March 14, 2012

Yummy Boy, Surprise Phone Calls, and Playing Outside


This week's Three Beautiful Things:

1.  I tickle and snuggle with Nathan, and I tell him how yummy he is.  "I'm not food, Mom," he replies.  Oh, but he is still so yummy.

2.  My phone rang one evening, and I answered (I don't always).  It was my brother.  "I have absolutely no reason for calling," he said.  What a nice surprise. 

3. An unseasonably warm day, and an extra hour of sunlight.  It enabled us to stay outside late, eat dinner, and go back outside after dinner to play some more.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful things indeed Mary....I love these :)

    I read and then snuggle my 6 yr old son every night in his rocking chair...last week we were snuggling, he was on my lap with his head on my shoulder and he suddenly said "you'll still be able to snuggle me when I'm 37 won't you??!!" (Quite a visual with that one!)

    Definitely one of those moments when you don't know when to laugh or cry....I want him to stay 6 forever of course, I love this age :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. That saying. I've recently noticed that several times a day I say or think "When we move to europe..." It's pretty much all I think about, and I've let it hold me back from doing a few things with the next two years of my life. I'm working on it!

    Unexpected phone calls, for no reason, are the best. And so are little ones who say funny things. Hope you're having a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a trick indeed sometimes to remember to enjoy life - in the here and now. Your beautiful things is the perfect reminder of this. Annie x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really love hearing from the people who read this little blog of mine. Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...