October 27, 2008

Apple Recipes



Ah, Fall. We moved seamlessly from our bounty of tomatoes to the season of apples, and since our apple-picking excursion a few weeks ago, I've been enjoying baking every weekend. I thought I'd share a few of the recipes we've enjoyed so far.

Apple Pie - I've tried a number of different recipes, and so far, this one is my favorite. I still think perhaps this is an A and there's an A+ out there, though.
Apple-Cinnamon Coffee Cake - Super easy cake that makes super easy and super yummy breakfasts

Autumn Apple Cake - This made our house smell divine. My husband said they should make a candle with this scent so it could smell like that all the time. Oh, and it tastes awesome too. Light, fluffy cake with apples, raisins, and walnuts. Mmmm.

Apple Turnovers (Chaussons Aux Pommes) - I read an article by Molly Wizenberger (of Orangette fame) in last month's issue of Bon Appetit that made me daydream about sitting in a cafe in Paris, drinking coffee and eating a chausson aux pommes. So really, I had no choice but to make these. They're in the oven as I type, so I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that they only serve to enhance the daydream.
Speaking of Orangette, I really want to try her recipe for apple and butternut squash soup. Perhaps that will go on our Thanksgiving menu. I think we'll probably use up our apples this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really love hearing from the people who read this little blog of mine. Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...